Introduction: Gracious Heavenly Father, I love you and want to live my life for you this day. Please allow me to pray in the Spirit because you know what I will face today and where to emphasize my prayers. (Ephesians 6:18)
(Then express personal praise for the attributes of God's character that come from you heart - this will vary from day-to-day.)
Praying with regard to:
Enemy number 1: THE FLESH
I choose today to die to self, to put off the old man and put on the new and take up my cross and follow you (Luke 9:23; Colossians 3:9,10).
I choose to do this because I know that it is the refusal to die to self that makes me miserable...
I yield my rights to:
1. BE APPRECIATED (Luke 17:11-19)
2. BE RIGHT (I Corinthians 6:7,8; 1 Peter 2:19.20,; 3:14,17)
3. BE HEARD (I Peter 2:23; 3:1-)0)
4. NURSE MY HURTS (Matthew 18:21,22)
5. PRIVACY (Luke 9:12)
6. LEISURE (Mark 6:30-33)
7. DEFEND MYSELF (Luke 23:9)
8. BE NEEDED (II Timothy 4:16,17)
9. GOOD HEALTH (II Corinthians 11:23-28; 12:7-10)
10. FINANCIAL SECURITY (Acts 3:6; I Corinthians 9:16-18)
11. MY SCHEDULE (I Thessalonians 2:18)
12. FRIENDS (Psalm 38:11; 41:9; Proverbs 18:24)
13. SUCCESS IN MINISTRY (II Corinthians 4:7-11)
14. BE FORGIVEN (Matthew 6:12; 5:23-26)
15. BE UNDERSTOOD (Mark 8:1421)
16. BE ACCEPTED (John 1:11)
17. PLEASURE (Philippians 2:3,4)
18. INDEPENDENCE (I Corinthians. 6:19,20; Hebrews 10:24,25)
19. BE RESPECTED (II Corinthians 12:11-16)
20. MY FUTURE PLANS (II Timothy 4:6; Revelation 12:11;Hebrews 11:36-40)
21. THINGS (II Peter 3:10-14; Matthew 6:21; Luke 12:31-34)
22. MY EXPECTATIONS (Psalm 62:5)
23. CONTROL (Mark 8:33; Ephesians 5.18) 24.
24. REPUTATION (Philippians 2:7) .
25. EAT CARELESSLY (Proverbs 23:2)
26. COMPLAIN (Philippians 2:14)
27. REVENGE (Romans 12:19)
28. COMFORT (II Corinthians 6:5)
29. QUIT (Proverbs 24:16; II Timothy 4:7; Luke 9:62)
I now yield you my body, hands, feet, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, mind, will, emotions, spirit, soul and body. I commit - consecrate - to you and your service. (Romans 6:11-13; 12:1; I Thessalonians 4:3-7; II Corinthians 7:1)
Enemy number 2: THE WORLD
I choose today to be crucified to the world Quote Galatians 6:14: “God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ; by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.”
* I don't want to love the world nor the things in the world (I John 2:15-17) but set my affection on things above. Colossians 3:2; Matthew 6:33). I don't want to have the philosophies of this world (Colossians 2:8) but rather the mind of Christ (Philippians 2:5). I don't want to be conformed to this world (Romans 12:2) but I want to be conformed to the image of Christ (Romans 8:29; Galatians 4:19) * I don't want to walk according to the course of this world (Ephesians 2:2) but I want to walk in the Spirit (Galatians 5:16).
For Jesus has said, “In the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer - I have overcome the world (John 16:33). And what is the victory that overcomes the world - even our faith (I John 5:4). For I want to walk by faith today, and not by sight... (II Corinthians 5:7).
Enemy number 3: THE DEVIL
I take my position - along with other saints - in resisting the devil (I Peter 5:8,9). 1 pray that you would deny him any permission that he would want in launching an assault against me or my family today (Luke 22:31,32 preventive prayer). 1 pray that you not allow me to be deceived but discerning in what the will the Lord is (Revelation 20:10).
I pray that you would lead me not into temptation, but deliver me from the evil one (Matthew 6:13).
I THANK YOU...
* that Jesus came into the world to destroy the works of the devil (I John 3:8).
* that because we are of God, and are your children, we have overcome them. Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world (I John 4:4).
* that he that is begotten of God, God keeps. The wicked one touches Him not. (I John 5:18).
* that you have written unto us - and we can be strong in your Word and overcome the wicked one (I John 2:11).
* that we are complete in Him who is head of all principalities and powers (Colossians 2:10).
* that you spoiled all principalities and powers and made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them and stripping them of their rank and their power - all by yourself- at the Cross (Colossians 2:15).
* for delivering us from the power of darkness and translating us to the kingdom of your dear Son (Colossians 1:13).
* that the God of peace shall bruise Satan under our feet shortly (Romans 16:20).
* that the devil that deceived them will one day be cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are, and they shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever (Revelation 20:10).
* that satan never had a thing on Jesus (John 14:30) and that the prince of this world is judged (John 16:11).
PUTTING ON THE ARMOR
This is the appropriation, by faith, of what I already have in Christ (Ephesians 6:10-18).
I want to be strong in the Lord and the power of His might, so by faith I appropriate all the armor that you have provided for me.
* I PUT ON... the girdle (belt) of Truth. I want to speak truth today (Ephesians 4:25) because Jesus is truth (John 14:6). His Spirit is truth (John 14:6). His Spirit is truth (John 14:17). His Word is Truth (John 17:17) and the church is the pillar and ground of Truth (I Timothy 3:15). When you KNOW the Truth, the Truth will always set you free (John 8:32).
* I PUT ON... the breastplate of righteousness not having my own righteousness, which is after the law, but the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ (Philippians 3:9). Uphold me today, Oh Lord, by the right hand of your righteousness (Isaiah 41:10; Psalm 48:10).
* I PUT ON... the sandals of peace. I want to be a peacemaker today and I pray that the peace of God that passes understanding will keep my heart and mind (Philippians 4:7). Oh Lord, 1 want you - the Prince of Peace - to rule and reign in every area of my life today (Isaiah 9:6).
* I TAKE... the shield of faith, which is obedience to objective truth (the Word of God). For Thou, Oh Lord, are a shield for me and the lifter of my head (Psalm 3:3). 1 pray you would encompass me and my family today. As the mountains encompass Jerusalem, so encompass us as a shield (Psalm 5:12).
* I PUT ON... the helmet of salvation, refusing to receive thoughts that are contrary to your character. I bring every thought into captivity and obedience to the Lordship of Jesus Christ (II Corinthians 10:5). I want my mind to be stayed upon you (Isaiah 26:3).
(II Corinthians 10:3,4)
“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God, to the pulling down of strongholds.”
I take the:
SWORD of the Spirit, which is the Word of God (Ephesians 6:17) and grasp it tightly with the powerful hand of
PRAYER (Ephesians 6:18) in the
NAME (Luke 10:17; Philippians 2:10) and through the
BLOOD of the Lord Jesus Christ (Revelation 12:11).
PRAISING (I Samuel 16:23),
PERSEVERING (Ephesians 6:18), and seeking
GODLY COMRADES 01 Timothy 4:19-21) by the WORD of our
TESTIMONY (Revelation 12:11), the powerful commodity of
GRACE (James 4:6,7),
FASTING (Mark 9:29),
HUMILITY (I Peter 5:5,6; James 4:6-10),
WORSHIP (Matthew 4:8-11; John 4:23,24),
A GOOD CONSCIENCE (I Timothy 1:5,9),
MORAL PURITY (I Thessalonians 4:3-7),
SERVING (Luke 22:27),
GRATEFULNESS (I Thessalonians 5:18) and
SELF-DENIAL (Luke 9:23)1 seek to live for you today.
GOOD WORKS (I Peter 3:10-12; Romans 12:21)
JOY OF MY SALVATION (Psalm 51:12; I Peter 1:8)
A WILLINGNESS TO FIGHT (II Corinthians 8:12; John 5:6)
Prepared by: Tom Harmon